By Drea' Custom Designs
When you’re a home sewer without a studio, it can be hard to manage long lengths of fabric. Say you’re making curtains and need to cut and match panels. Now you have to find a big area to lay out your fabric on the floor. You have to avoid raisins and juice spills (um, everyone deals with this, right? RIGHT?!). You have to keep pushing the cat off. You have to crawl around until your neck hurts. What does all that spell? M-I-S-T-A-K-E-S.
Well, how about if we do the cutting and print-matching for you? Fabulous, right? We now offer custom cutting!
A few things to know:
- We will cut fabrics up to 72″ wide and 120″ long into panels for your project and match up the fabric repeats, if so desired.
- Orders must be placed online so that all the requirements are in writing and there is no confusion.
- $10-$23 per panel, depending on length.
- Matching of repeats is included in that fee, provided you purchase enough fabric to allow that.
- We can do all of your panels or just one, which you can then use as a guide from which you can cut your others.
- No returns.
Let us help with all of your “big” projects like draperies and tablecloths. Cutting and measuring are the chore you work through to get to the fun part — sewing, right? Kind of like eating the pizza just to get to the crust. Or is that just me? I like the sewing part of the project and the crust part of the pizza.
Need more information? Lots and lots of details can be found on our “custom panel cutting” page.